- Cecily M Begley, Trinity College Dublin
- Matthias Borchert, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Alexander Heazell, University of Manchester
- Robert W Powers, University of Pittsburgh
- Ndola Prata, University of California, Berkeley
- Christine Roberts, The Kolling Institute of Medical Research
- Jos van Roosmalen, VU University Medical Center
- Peter O'Donovan, BioMed Central
A number of significant barriers need to be broken down to ensure rural Kenyan women do not only seek skilled birth care when serious conplications arise
Whilst the severity of eating disorders (EDs) can decrease during pregnancy, EDs may still affect the early mother-child feeding patterns and relationships.
Approximately 10% of privately-insured women in the US are given some form of psychotropic drug during their pregnancy.
The wide range of clinical procedures for repair of female genital fistula in developing countries highlights the need for further research to strengthen the evidence base for best practices.
Measurement of circulating levels of luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHCGR) could complement existing techniques to increase the accuracy of Down's syndrome diagnosis in early pregnancy.
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2014, 14:321
News from the web
- 23 September 2014
- Maternal iron intake linked to offspring autism risk
- 22 September 2014
- Pregnant women confident in new blood test for Down syndrome
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth.
BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 23 September 2014
- Are butterflies still fluttering in Fukushima?
- 18 September 2014
- Behind the image: King penguin-an endangered species??
- 16 September 2014
- BMC Geriatrics at the 10th International Congress of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS).