- Maria Lorella Gianni', Clinical Sciences and Community Health Dept, University of Milan
- Truls Raastad, The Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
- Denis Roy, University Laval, Québec
- Ursula Schwab, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio campus
- Joseph Sharkey, Texas A&M School of Public Health
- Catia Cornacchia, BioMed Central
The effect of the nutritional composition on the glycemic index values has been assessed in commonly-consumed Emirati foods, demonstrating that the glycemic index can be modified through altering ingredients, cooking method or portion size.
A regular intake of the probiotic L. reuteri does not affect the number of days of sick leave caused by respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases but might have a protective effect on their symptoms.
A simple tool to measure the access component of food insecurity among both rural and urban households in Ethiopia has been evaluated for its internal consistency, criterion validity and reproducibility.
This editorial accompanies the launch of BMC Nutrition, a new open access, peer-reviewed journal within the BMC series portfolio that considers articles on all aspects of nutritional sciences.
BMC Nutrition is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of nutritional sciences, including public health nutrition and global interventions, nutritional epidemiology, the biological underpinnings of nutrition in the body, clinical nutrition, health and nutrition throughout the lifecourse, and dietary supplementation for improvement in health and performance. The journal also welcomes papers on developments in nutritional research tools and novel technologies.
BMC Nutrition is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 30 January 2015
- BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2014 in review: Most popular papers
- 29 January 2015
- 2014: BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 27 January 2015
- BMC Public Health: Review of 2014