- Andrea De Luca, Siena University Hospital
- Jean-Claude Desenclos, Institut de Veille Sanitaire
- Susanna Esposito, University of Milan
- Jorge Garbino, University Hospitals Geneva
- Pak Leung Ho, University of Hong Kong
- Sanjeev Krishna, St. George's, University of London
- Jodie McVernon, Melbourne School of Population Health
- Matthew P Muller, St. Michael's Hospital, University of Toronto
- Sepehr Tabrizi, The Royal Women's Hospital
- Julian Tang, University Hospitals of Leicester
- Grant Theron, University of Cape Town
- Carlo Torti, University 'Magna Graecia'
- Suzanne Verver, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Hilary Logan, BioMed Central
There is a link between psychological distress, alcohol use, health literacy, and clinical morbidity with non-adherence to anti-tuberculosis treatment; use of screening together with counselling could improve patient health and reduce the likelihood of transmission.
Antiretroviral therapy reduces HIV transmission risk, and a systematic review and meta-analysis of the available evidence suggests that sexually transmitted co-infections do not affect the risk of HIV transmission from individuals on antiretroviral therapy.
BMC Infectious Diseases 2015, 15:29
BMC Infectious Diseases is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious and sexually transmitted diseases in humans, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC Infectious Diseases is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 03 September 2015
- August 2015: Highlights of the BMC series
- 02 September 2015
- Behind the image: 3D home range of the California condor
- 01 September 2015
- The oldest and the scariest sea scorpion: a giant discovery
Sexually transmitted infection treatment challenges
Published: 30 July 2015
Last updated: 19 August 2015
Every day is Malaria Day
Published: 23 April 2015
Last updated: 24 April 2015