Search information pages
1. What is BMC Biotechnology?
BMC Biotechnology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the manipulation of biological macromolecules or organisms for use in experimental procedures, cellular and tissue engineering or in the pharmaceutical, agricultural biotechnology and allied industries.
BMC Biotechnology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
All articles are available online, and in addition the website offers many other services:
- Quick and advanced search facilities.
- RSS feed, to deliver our latest articles directly to your news headline reader.
- Email articles directly to your friends and colleagues.
- Post a comment on an article, to add your opinion.
For details of the scope and types of article published by BMC Biotechnology see About BMC Biotechnology
- What is BMC Biotechnology?
- Why submit to BMC Biotechnology?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of BMC Biotechnology?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in BMC Biotechnology?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive BMC Biotechnology's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?