- Joergen B. Dahl, Rigshospitalet and Copenhagen University
- Giovanni Landoni, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan
- Douglas Raines, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Marcos Vidal Melo, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Jeanine Wiener-Kronish, UCSF
- Tom Rowles, BioMed Central
Experiments in an animal system indicate that there is low risk for neurotoxicity associated with the use of ultrasound gels containing propylene glycol and glycerol, despite the fact that these compounds are neurotoxic in high concentrations.
Hemodynamic changes during melphalan hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion (HILP) as a treatment for unresectable melanoma pose a risk to patients with cardiac compromise, and justify establishing a standard scheme of monitoring, blood testing, and record keeping.
Higher doses of the analgesic Remifentanil , a standard in balanced anaesthesia, diminishes tourniquet-pain induced stress hormones including cortisol and ACTH, which may aid in stabilizing hemodynamic deviations, thereby improving surgical outcomes
BMC Anesthesiology 2013, 13:45
News from the web
- 21 August 2013
- Milestone for ischemic preconditioning
- 18 April 2013
- Simple assessment predicts need for reintubation
BMC Anesthesiology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of anesthesiology, critical care, perioperative care and pain management, including clinical and experimental research into anesthetic mechanisms, administration and efficacy, technology and monitoring, and associated economic issues.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Anesthesiology and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 03 December 2013
- Highlights of the BMC-series: November 2013
- 20 November 2013
- APHA: For science. For action. For health.
- 18 November 2013
- BMC Geriatrics at the 2013 BGS Autumn Scientific Meeting