- Matthias Eikermann, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Joel Katz, Toronto General Hospital
- Giovanni Landoni, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan
- Laura Pasin, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan
- Douglas Raines, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Marcos Vidal Melo, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Tom Rowles, BioMed Central
Post-hoc analysis of patients undergoing total-knee replacement surgery indicates that asymmetry in perioperative, bilateral regional brain oxygen saturation (rSO2) may be a warning sign for post-operative memory decline.
Systematic review indicates a correlation between exhaled volatile organic compounds, such as acetone and ethyl benzene, and blood glucose levels, indicating that further research into the clinical validity of this system for monitoring ICU patients is warranted.
Perioperative pulmonary aspiration (POPA) and perioperative hypoxemia (POH) rates are significantly associated with horizontal recumbency in adult surgical patients undergoing general anesthesia, affecting both hospital mortality and post-operative length of stay.
BMC Anesthesiology 2014, 14:95
BMC Anesthesiology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of anesthesiology, critical care, perioperative care and pain management, including clinical and experimental research into anesthetic mechanisms, administration and efficacy, technology and monitoring, and associated economic issues.
BMC Anesthesiology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 22 October 2014
- Poor study design inhibits progress in canine epilepsy treatment
- 15 October 2014
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation on the road
Volume 14 Suppl 1 (18 August 2014)
Würzburg, Germany. 15-17 May 2014