- Cathy Barr, The Toronto Western Hospital
- Ruth Benca, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Secondo Fassino, Turin University
- Morten Hesse, University of Aarhus
- Ute Lewitzka, TU Dresden
- Paul Lysaker, VA Medical center
- Frank Neuner, Bielefeld University
- Mark Powers, University of Texas at Austin
- Lon S Schneider, University of Southern California
- Florian Seemüller, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Emanuel Severus, TU Dresden
- Martin Teicher, Harvard Medical School
- Wei Wang, Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- Alice Murray, BioMed Central
In a selected South-East London community, 62.6% of people sought informal help for their mental health problems, highlighting the importance of informal services and research into this sector.
In a Sri Lankan sample, depression in Parkinson's disease was found to be significantly associated with the stage of illness, as well as functional impairment and caregiver dependence amongst other factors.
Blood sampling results suggest that the protein 'neurotrophin 4/5' could have a protective role against oxidative stress, which seems to have a positive impact on neurocognition in schizophrenia.
These re-developed guidelines will form the basis of a suicide prevention course for educating members of the public on providing first aid to someone who is experiencing suicidal thoughts.
fMRI study suggests that problem gambling is characterized by stronger cue-related craving during risk assessment.
BMC Psychiatry is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC Psychiatry is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
- Child, adolescent and developmental psychiatry
- Eating disorders
- Forensic psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry and cognitive disorders
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders and disorders of adult behavior
- Psychiatric molecular genetics
- Psychotic disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Social psychiatry, therapy and provision of mental health care
- Stress and anxiety
- Substance-related disorders, addiction and impulse control
BMC series blog
- 22 October 2014
- Poor study design inhibits progress in canine epilepsy treatment
- 15 October 2014
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation on the road
The gut-brain axis: Emerging evidence in health and disease
Published: 23 May 2014
Last updated: 13 September 2014
Prevention of Mental Disorders
Published: 9 May 2014