- Cathy Barr, The Toronto Western Hospital
- Ruth Benca, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Secondo Fassino, Turin University
- Morten Hesse, University of Aarhus
- Ute Lewitzka, TU Dresden
- Paul Lysaker, VA Medical center
- Frank Neuner, Bielefeld University
- Mark Powers, University of Texas at Austin
- Lon S Schneider, University of Southern California
- Florian Seemüller, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- Martin Teicher, Harvard Medical School
- Wei Wang, Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- Alice Murray, BioMed Central
Following the 50th anniversary of Tinbergen’s 4 questions, our Associate Editor Prof Martin Brüne discusses how they can provide a scientific framework for the understanding of psychiatric conditions, improving diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
Individuals who report chronic pain and multiple sites of pain are more likely to have depression and are at higher risk of bipolar disorder, highlighting an important aspect of comorbidity between these two disorders.
In a Swedish national cohort study, the use of any statin was associated with a reduction in risk of depression in individuals over the age of 40.
Multiple sclerosis patients who regularly supplemented their diet with flaxseed oil and vitamin D, had frequent fish consumption, meditated, and had moderate alcohol consumption have significantly reduced risk of depression.
Ben Goldacre and colleagues review why the current guidelines to prescribe anti-psychotics for treatment-resistant OCD may not be the best strategy.
BMC Psychiatry 2014, 14:353
BMC Psychiatry is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC Psychiatry is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
- Causes, treatment and prevention of suicide
- Child, adolescent and developmental psychiatry
- Eating disorders
- Forensic psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry and cognitive disorders
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders and disorders of adult behavior
- Psychiatric molecular genetics
- Psychotic disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Social psychiatry, therapy and provision of mental health care
- Stress and anxiety
- Substance-related disorders, addiction and impulse control
BMC series blog
- 19 December 2014
- Sterile Insect Technique- Next Generation Pesticides
- 03 December 2014
- Multiple Sclerosis: Can lifestyle affect depression risk?
- 03 December 2014
- The stress-controlling brain center