- John Carr, University of Cambridge
- Z. Jeffrey Chen, University of Texas at Austin
- Elizabeth Jean Finnegan, CSIRO
- Csaba Koncz, Max-Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Jim Leebens-Mack, University of Georgia
- Sheila McCormick, University of California, Berkeley
- Kay Schneitz, Technische Universität München
- Catherine Potenski, BioMed Central
Arabidopsis plants subjected to severe drought conditions at the time of flowering display twice as many differentially expressed genes than those suffering moderate drought stress, indicating that different pathways are activated in response to the severity of conditions.
A comprehensive survey of alternative splicing in grape based on 124 SOLiD RNAseq analyses shows marked tissue- and genotype-specificity, while stress conditions produce only minor splicing changes.
Analysis of evolutionary relationships among ten plant genomes reveals that five out of 16 gene families related to pectin, a primary component of cell walls, have multiple members that are conserved in the last common ancestor of mosses and vascular plants.
Silver birch trees acclimated to higher air humidity exhibit higher sensitivity to rapid water deficit through stronger reduction in leaf hydraulic and water vapour conductance, compared with trees grown at lower air humidity.
BMC Plant Biology 2014, 14:226
BMC Plant Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of plant biology, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
BMC Plant Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Paul et al. BMC Plant Biology 2012, 12:232
View more movies on the BMC-series YouTube channel
BMC series blog
- 18 September 2014
- Behind the image: King penguin-an endangered species??
- 16 September 2014
- BMC Geriatrics at the 10th International Congress of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS).
- 11 September 2014
- Patterning of the urinary collecting duct tree