- John Carr, University of Cambridge
- Z. Jeffrey Chen, University of Texas at Austin
- Elizabeth Jean Finnegan, CSIRO
- Csaba Koncz, Max-Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Jim Leebens-Mack, University of Georgia
- Sheila McCormick, University of California, Berkeley
- Kay Schneitz, Technische Universität München
- Astrid Wingler, University College London
- Catherine Potenski, BioMed Central
Differential gene expression analysis in ripe versus unripe bananas helps to uncover the molecular mechanisms of fruit ripening, potentially leading to the breeding of bananas with increased shelf life.
Transcription analysis of flowers and pods of soybeans exposed to ozone reveals differentially regulated genes and helps to elucidate the biochemical pathways involved in ozone stress response.
Unique core clock genes control diurnal transcriptome dynamics in conifer, where cycles of gene expression differ greatly in summer and winter.
Genome sequencing of inbred domesticated tomato species reveals the definitive introgression points of chromosome segments from wild tomato species, providing insight into the genomic architecture of the cultivars that can be used as a basis for SNP marker construction.
Fertilization with nitrogen induces genome-wide changes affecting biomass accumulation and cell wall content in Eucalyptus that may be useful in the production of paper and biofuels.
BMC Plant Biology 2014, 14:334
BMC Plant Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of plant biology, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
BMC Plant Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Paul et al. BMC Plant Biology 2012, 12:232
View more movies on the BMC-series YouTube channel
BMC series blog
- 19 December 2014
- Sterile Insect Technique- Next Generation Pesticides
- 03 December 2014
- Multiple Sclerosis: Can lifestyle affect depression risk?
- 03 December 2014
- The stress-controlling brain center