- Peter-Bram 't Hoen, Leiden University Medical Center
- Shane C Burgess, University of Arizona
- David Burt, University of Edinburgh
- John K Colbourne, The University of Birmingham
- Gustavo Goldman, FCFRP-Universidade de Sao Paulo
- Ivo G Gut, Centro Nacional de Analisis Genomico, Barcelona
- Scott E Hemby, Wake Forest University
- Hans Lehrach, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
- David Lightfoot, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Paul Pavlidis, University of British Columbia
- Daniel Sargent, Fondazione Edmund Mach - IASMA
- Leonard Schalkwyk, King's College London
- Fabiano Thompson, UFRJ
- Stefan Wiemann, German Cancer Research Center
- Derek Anane, BioMed Central
iTRAQ protein quantification utilises isobaric reagents to identify and quantify expressed proteins in lysed cells. Characterisation of dynamic protein expression changes in cellular systems such as developing wheat grains, exhibits the potential of this novel technique.
miRNA regulate developmental processes in a variety of systems and at various stages of development. The presence of miRNAs in the milk of post-natal mother wallabies and neonates suggest their role may extend beyond the womb.
Beyond genome wide studies large scale phylum-wide studies can help to reveal the function and importance of distantly related gene clusters. This is particularly evident for genes involved in complex metabolic pathways such as cyanobacteria secondary metabolism.
BMC Genomics 2015, 16:332
BMC Genomics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of genome-scale analysis, functional genomics, and proteomics.
BMC Genomics is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 15 April 2015
- Stillbirth: the elephant in the room
Volume 16 Suppl 4 (21 April 2015)
Selected articles from the IEEE International Workshop on Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics (GENSIPS) 2013
Houston,TX, USA. 17-19 November 2013
Volume 16 Suppl 3 (29 January 2015)
Selected articles from the 10th International Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications (ISBRA-14): Genomics
Zhangjiajie, China. 28-30 June 2014
Volume 16 Suppl 2 (21 January 2015)
HsinChu, Taiwan. 21-23 January 2015