- Peter-Bram 't Hoen, Leiden University Medical Center
- Shane C Burgess, University of Arizona
- David Burt, University of Edinburgh
- John K Colbourne, The University of Birmingham
- Takashi Gojobori, National Institute of Genetics
- Ivo G Gut, Centro Nacional de Analisis Genomico, Barcelona
- Scott E Hemby, Wake Forest University
- Hans Lehrach, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
- David Lightfoot, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Paul Pavlidis, University of British Columbia
- Daniel Sargent, Fondazione Edmund Mach - IASMA
- Leonard Schalkwyk, King's College London
- Fabiano Thompson, UFRJ
- Irene Pala, BioMed Central
Good communication between users and data generators and clear guidelines are key to the fair sharing of unpublished genomic data, as discussed by BMC Biology Editors in an editorial related to a recent policy update.
Comparison of PacBio RS single-molecule, realtime (SMRT) sequencing with Illumina HiSeq2000 technology reveals PacBio to be more accurate than Illumina in the de novo assembly of a chloroplast genome due to longer read lengths and lower GC bias.
Comparative transcriptome analysis of the Antarctic fish P. Borchgrevinki, identifies genes involved in cold adaptation and provides insight into the evolution of molecular mechanisms for fish survival in different water temperatures - an important feature during climate change.
BMC Genomics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of genome-scale analysis, functional genomics, and proteomics.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Genomics and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at email@example.com, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 04 March 2014
- Highlights of the BMC-series: February 2014
- 03 March 2014
- Hiding the truth – how one bird fools another
- 27 February 2014
- BMC Medical Imaging at the European Congress of Radiology 2014
Volume 15 Suppl 1 (24 January 2014)
Shanghai, China. 17-19 January 2014
Volume 14 Suppl 8 (9 December 2013)
Selected articles from the International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2013): Genomics
Nashville, TN, USA. 11-13 August 2013
Volume 14 Suppl 7 (5 November 2013)
Selected articles from the Second IEEE International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and Medical Sciences (ICCABS 2012): Genomics
Las Vegas, NV, USA. 23-25 February 2012