- Adam Godzik, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute and UCSD
- Lawrence Hunter, University of Colorado Denver
- Igor Jurisica, Ontario Cancer Institute
- Burkhard Morgenstern, University of Gottingen
- Alexey Nesvizhskii, University of Michigan
- Adam Olshen, University of California, San Francisco
- Hanchuan Peng, Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Graziano Pesole, University of Bari
- Mihai Pop, University of Maryland
- Kate Rice, BioMed Central
The first ‘how to’ guide for applying User-Centred Design (UCD) to websites for bioinformatics involves biomedical researchers rather than developers to design better web experiences, for example The Enzyme Portal
HS-Forest performs rapid, but incomplete, clustering for decoy selection in protein structure prediction, generating multiple independent trees for a consensus result by means of local sensitive hashing.
TeraStitcher, a freely available tool, permits retrieval and processing of images generated using approximate tile positions to stitch Teravoxel-sized tiled microscopy images from large amounts of data even on memory limited machines.
- View more articles
BMC Bioinformatics 2013, 14(Suppl 8):S5
News from the web
- 17 May 2013
- Philips Research Plans Clinical Study for Software to Help Oncologists Interpret NGS Data
BMC Bioinformatics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the development, testing and novel application of computational and statistical methods for the modeling and analysis of all kinds of biological data, as well as other areas of computational biology.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
BMC Bioinformatics is currently accepting submissions to a thematic issue 'Bioimage Informatics' for the emerging computational field in Bioimaging. Please see the call for papers for more details and how to submit.
BMC series blog
Volume 14 Suppl 8 (9 May 2013)
Huangshan, China. 25-29 July 2012
Volume 14 Suppl 7 (22 April 2013)
Catania, Sicily. 2-4 May 2012
Volume 14 Suppl 6 (17 April 2013)
Cambridge, UK. 18-21 July 2011