- Adam Godzik, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute and UCSD
- Lawrence Hunter, University of Colorado Denver
- Igor Jurisica, Ontario Cancer Institute
- Alexey Nesvizhskii, University of Michigan
- Adam Olshen, University of California, San Francisco
- Hanchuan Peng, Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Graziano Pesole, University of Bari
- Mihai Pop, University of Maryland
- Kate Rice, BioMed Central
More advanced computer programs for analyzing large-scale brain images and more realistic computational models of neurons and their networks pave the way to re-create an in silico brain.
An open access, open learning method for teaching bioinformatics uses the Raspberry Pi computer and a custom operating system to teach early-career researchers key skills in systems administration and computational biology at low cost.
BMC Bioinformatics 2013, 14:340
News from the web
- 06 December 2013
- NewLeaf Symbiotics Buys Intuitive Genomics to Add Bioinformatics Component to AgBio R&D Pipeline
- 06 December 2013
- Codified Genomics Targets Clinical Testing Labs with Variant Interpretation Pipeline
BMC Bioinformatics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the development, testing and novel application of computational and statistical methods for the modeling and analysis of all kinds of biological data, as well as other areas of computational biology.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Bioinformatics and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 03 December 2013
- Highlights of the BMC-series: November 2013
- 20 November 2013
- APHA: For science. For action. For health.
- 18 November 2013
- BMC Geriatrics at the 2013 BGS Autumn Scientific Meeting
Volume 14 Suppl 19 (12 November 2013)
Seattle, WA, USA. 14-15 October 2012
Volume 14 Suppl 18 (5 November 2013)
Selected articles from the Second IEEE International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and Medical Sciences (ICCABS 2012): Bioinformatics
Las Vegas, NV, USA. 23-25 February 2012
Volume 14 Suppl 17 (22 October 2013)
Buchanan, TN, USA. 22-24 March 2013