- Adam Godzik, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute and UCSD
- Lawrence Hunter, University of Colorado Denver
- Igor Jurisica, Ontario Cancer Institute
- Alexey Nesvizhskii, University of Michigan
- Adam Olshen, University of California, San Francisco
- Hanchuan Peng, Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Graziano Pesole, University of Bari
- Mihai Pop, University of Maryland
- Irene Pala, BioMed Central
Metavir 2 provides a user-friendly comprehensive analysis environment for viral metagenomes, including tools for multiple comparison and analysis, both from raw reads and from contig-assembled viromes.
DFLAT, designed for curating human fetal gene functions by combining the existing Gene Ontology framework with 13,344 new annotations, is available for use in novel developmental genomics analyses.
HTS barcode checker pipeline is software for identifying illegally traded species in DNA mixtures, using DNA barcodes compared against the NCBI database for CITES-protected species, though not intended for Whole Genome Shotgun data.
This multi-variant simulator and read-generator tool efficiently generates single- and paired-end reads with user-defined insert size, and is currently optimized to simulate short sequence reads with deep coverage for large genomes, in a limited infrastructure setup.
News from the web
- 16 April 2014
- Appistry Begins Early Access for Cloud-based Genomic Test Ordering Service Ahead of Q2 Launch
BMC Bioinformatics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the development, testing and novel application of computational and statistical methods for the modeling and analysis of all kinds of biological data, as well as other areas of computational biology.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Bioinformatics and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at email@example.com, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 10 April 2014
- Metagenomics: tools, comparisons and many applications
- 09 April 2014
- BMC Nursing – looking forwards, looking back
- 08 April 2014
- Ancient DNA reveals the lion’s past and (perhaps) future
Volume 15 Suppl 4 (19 March 2014)
Barcelona, Spain. 26 October 2013
Volume 15 Suppl 3 (11 February 2014)
Highlights from the Ninth International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) Student Council Symposium 2013
Berlin, Germany. 19 July 2013
Volume 15 Suppl 2 (24 January 2014)
Selected articles from the Twelfth Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC 2014): Bioinformatics
Shanghai, China. 17-19 January 2014