- Steven Brandes, Washington University
- Cosimo De Nunzio, Ospedale Sant'Andrea
- Jose Karam, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Ercan Kocakoc, Bezmialem Vakif University
- Salvatore Micali, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- Alexander Parker, Mayo Clinic
- Philippe Spiess, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Mostafa Taymour, University of Cairo
- Hayley Henderson, BioMed Central
A survey gauging how prostate cancer patients are managed with active surveillance (AS) has revealed marked heterogeneity in the practice of AS across UK cancer networks, prompting the need for further discussion so that AS can become a mainstream therapeutic strategy.
BMC Urology 2015, 15:87
BMC Urology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of urological disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC Urology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 01 October 2015
- September 2015: Highlights of the BMC Series
- 24 September 2015
- Clinical Skills Training in ENT: highlights of BACO 2015
- 23 September 2015
- Is crowdfunding a viable way to finance your research?
Section Editor Profile
Cosimo De Nunzio, MD, PhD, is Consultant Urologist and contract Professor at the Department of Urology, Ospedale Sant'Andrea, University "La Sapienza", Roma, Italy. His research focus is prostatic disorders with a particular interest in voiding dysfunction, Benign prostatic Hyperplasia and prostate cancer diagnosis and management.
"I am pleased to be involved with BMC Urology first as a reviewer and now as Section Editor for Voiding Dysfunction. BMC Urology is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed articles, currently 10th on the SCImago Journal & Country Rank table and with and increasing number of manuscripts published in the last 4 years. When I joined BMC Urology, I have been particularly impressed by the excellent group of Section and Associate Editors involved in the Editorial Board and notwithstanding their young age, they are extremely expert in their field of interest. The journal's excellent editorial staff and the rapidity of the peer review process is another crucial quality of this journal. Moreover, I strongly support the open access platform used by BMC Urology which makes the specialized knowledge of urology more widely available to the scientific community at large, independently of the institutional affiliation or economic resources."
News from the web
- 02 October 2015
- International agreement on MRI-scans 'likely to change how we detect prostate cancer'
- 01 October 2015
- Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey is one of two national sites to offer a new vaccine trial for bladder cancer