Search information pages
1. What is BMC Research Notes?
BMC Research Notes is an open access journal publishing scientifically sound research across all fields of biology and medicine. The journal provides a home for short publications, case series, and incremental updates to previous work with the intention of reducing the loss suffered by the research community when such results remain unpublished.
BMC Research Notes also encourages the publication of software tools, databases and data sets and a key objective of the journal is to ensure that associated data files will, wherever possible, be published in standard, reusable formats. We are currently working with researchers across the full spectrum of biomedical research to define appropriate recommendations for domain-specific data file standards.
All articles are available online, and in addition the website offers many other services:
- Quick and advanced search facilities.
- RSS feed, to deliver our latest articles directly to your news headline reader.
- Email articles directly to your friends and colleagues.
- Post a comment on an article, to add your opinion.
For details of the scope and types of article published by BMC Research Notes see About BMC Research Notes
- What is BMC Research Notes?
- Why submit to BMC Research Notes?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of BMC Research Notes?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in BMC Research Notes?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive BMC Research Notes's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?