- Sonia S. Anand, McMaster University
- Philip McTernan, University of Warwick
- Anna Peeters, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
- Arya M Sharma, University of Alberta
- Tommy Visscher, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Zwolle
- Clare Partridge, BioMed Central
BMC Obesity is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of human obesity across the lifecourse. These include the prevention, causes, treatment, management, and implications of obesity, incorporating lifestyle, epidemiology, policy and community/environmental interventions, related approaches for weight loss and the prevention of weight gain, management of the condition including the use of drugs and surgery, and basic science relating to the causes and effects of obesity. Research from developing country contexts is encouraged.
BMC Obesity is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 11 September 2014
- Patterning of the urinary collecting duct tree
- 10 September 2014
- Slothful trends in evolution; from walking giants to tiny tree-dwellers
- 05 September 2014
- Behind the image: a tender moment