- Philip McTernan, University of Warwick, UK
- Anna Peeters, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Australia
- Tommy Visscher, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Asnawi Abdullah, University Muhammadiyah Aceh, Indonesia
- Kathryn Backholer, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Australia
- Colin Bell, Deakin University, Australia
- George P Chrousos, Athens University, Greece
- Simone French, University of Minnesota, United States of America
- Terry Huang, University of Nebraska Medical Center, USA
- Ranil Jayawardena, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- David Meyre, McMaster University, Canada
- Cliona Ni Mhurchu, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Gary Sacks, Deakin University, Australia
- Per-Arne Svensson, Gothenburg University, Sweden
- Helen Walls, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
- Ouliana Ziouzenkova, The Ohio State University , USA
- Adrian Cameron, Deakin University, Australia
- Abd Tahrani, University of Birmingham, UK
BMC Obesity is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of human obesity across the lifecourse. These include the prevention, causes, treatment, management, and implications of obesity, incorporating lifestyle, epidemiology, policy and community/environmental interventions, related approaches for weight loss and the prevention of weight gain, management of the condition including the use of drugs and surgery, and basic science relating to the causes and effects of obesity. Research from developing country contexts is encouraged.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Obesity and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 03 December 2013
- Highlights of the BMC-series: November 2013
- 20 November 2013
- APHA: For science. For action. For health.
- 18 November 2013
- BMC Geriatrics at the 2013 BGS Autumn Scientific Meeting