- Richard Huxtable, Centre for Ethics in Medicine, University of Bristol
- Edward Dove, University of Edinburgh
- Jonathan Ives, The University of Birmingham
- Beatrice Godard, University of Montreal
- Anita Ho, University of British Columbia
- Clare Partridge, BioMed Central
IRB perspectives on the collection, use, and storage of human biological samples for research in Botswana
Interviews with Institutional Review Board members in Botswana explore the knowledge and concerns of these individuals with respect to export, reuse, storage, and benefit-sharing of biospecimens.
A systematic review of methodologies that seek to use social scientific data to inform and enhance ethical analyses of topics of bioethical interest highlights the complex issues researchers face in designing an empirical ethics study correctly.
Driving Regenerative Medicine to the Market and Clinic: An Exploration of Enablers, Impediments and Ethical-Legal Challenges
Published: 4 August 2015
Last updated: 25 August 2015
The Many Meanings of ‘Quality’ in Healthcare: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
Edited by: Dr Deborah Swinglehurst
Published: 23 April 2015
Last updated: 3 July 2015
BMC Medical Ethics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles in relation to the ethical aspects of biomedical research and clinical practice, including professional choices and conduct, medical technologies, healthcare systems and health policies.
BMC Medical Ethics is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
News from the web
- 11 August 2015
- Israeli Medical Ethics Expert: Hunger Striking Prisoners Should Be Force-fed - Haaretz
- 02 September 2015
- GM embryos: time for ethics debate, say scientists - The Guardian
- 28 August 2015
- The Ethics of Compulsory Chemical Castration: Is Non-Consensual Treatment Ever ... - Practical Ethics (blog)
BMC series blog
- 02 September 2015
- Behind the image: 3D home range of the California condor
- 01 September 2015
- The oldest and the scariest sea scorpion: a giant discovery
- 27 August 2015
- Improving rice for the future: an author Q+A