On this page you will find a range of resources to help support you in your new role. Before handling your first manuscript please ensure you have read the following information and have completed sections 1 and 2.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your in-house contact for advice, we're always happy to help.
We look forward to working with you and hope you enjoy your role.
1. To read:
- Springer Nature Code of Conduct - a code of conduct for editors to follow to ensure that you are working to the highest standard of editorial practice
- Prepare for your first manuscript assignment by reviewing our guidance on:
2. To do:
- If you are unclear about any aspect of your role please contact your in-house editorial contact prior to handling your first manuscript
- Take the Springer Nature Code of Conduct eLearning Course - This course is designed to help you understand the basic principles of the code of Conduct, and also to test your understanding of some tricky scenarios you may face in the course of your editorship
- Check your details are correct in Editorial Manager. An editorial account will have been created for you within the journal online peer-review system, Editorial Manager.
- Further information about accessing the Springer Nature Reviewer Finder Tool can be found here
At your convenience
3. In your own time:
- Read the BMC Editorial Policies
- Familiarise yourself with the resources available to you on the For Editors pages, including guidance on making a decision, article promotion, and encouraging submissions
- E-learning courses for editors are available here. These courses provide an introduction to the fundamental aspects of the editorial role, and for specific or challenging situations that an Editor may face. All courses can be retaken and revisited whenever needed
4. Other useful information:
- Journal Development - The continued success of the journal relies on effective communication and collaboration between all of its editors. We encourage you to share your ideas for innovative ways for us to stay ahead of our competitors and offer our authors and readers the best possible service