- Nitin Baliga, Institute for Systems Biology
- Christina Chan, Michigan State University
- Luonan Chen, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Sang Yup Lee, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Pedro Mendes, Univ. of Manchester/Univ. Connecticut Health Center
- Matteo Pellegrini, University of California, Los Angeles
- Tim Sands, BioMed Central
Genome-wide regulatory networks underling urothelial cancer, inferred by the BC3Net algorithm based on RNAseq, Bead and Oligo gene expression data, identified known associated genomic regions, and found similarity between functional subnetworks but gene interactions were highly dataset specific.
A new flux balance analysis method predicts internal cell fluxes of growth below optimal rates based on the optimization of protein cost at sub-optimal biomass objective levels, and simulations predict features of E.coli central carbon metabolism.
Across ammonite genera, trade-offs between different shape phenotypes resulted in a small range of successful forms, that could be represented by a pyramid in the diagram of possible shape parameters, with each point representing an optimized archetype.
BMC Systems Biology 2015, 9:36
News from around the web
- 30 July 2015
- Cancer type-dependent genetic interactions between cancer driver alterations indicate plasticity of epistasis across cell types
- 27 July 2015
- Structure of silent transcription intervals and noise characteristics of mammalian genes
BMC Systems Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on experimental and theoretical aspects of the function of biological systems at the molecular, cellular or organismal level, in particular those addressing the engineering of biological systems, network modeling, quantitative analyses and the integration of different levels of information.
BMC Systems Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 30 July 2015
- Behind the Image: Beautiful Sunbird
Volume 9 Suppl 4 (11 June 2015)
Selected articles from the International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM) 2014: Systems Biology
San Antonio, TX, USA. 4-6 December 2014
Volume 9 Suppl 3 (1 June 2015)
Rome, Italy. 26-28 February 2014
Volume 9 Suppl 2 (15 April 2015)
Selected articles from the IX International Conference on the Bioinformatics of Genome Regulation and Structure\Systems Biology (BGRS\SB-2014): Systems Biology
Novosibirsk, Russia. 23-28 June 2014