- Nitin Baliga, Institute for Systems Biology
- Christina Chan, Michigan State University
- Luonan Chen, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Sang Yup Lee, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Pedro Mendes, Univ. of Manchester/Univ. Connecticut Health Center
- Matteo Pellegrini, University of California, Los Angeles
- Tim Sands, BioMed Central
The size and complexity of genome-scale metabolic models means that analysis may be computationally impractical and stoichiometric methods unusable, but a new algorithm, NetworkReducer, extracts a meaningful core network to facilitate analysis.
Genome-wide regulatory networks underling urothelial cancer, inferred by the BC3Net algorithm based on RNAseq, Bead and Oligo gene expression data, identified known associated genomic regions, and found similarity between functional subnetworks but gene interactions were highly dataset specific.
BMC Systems Biology 2015, 9:57
News from around the web
- 28 September 2015
- A cell-based model system links chromothripsis with hyperploidy
- 07 August 2015
- Comprehensive assembly of novel transcripts from unmapped human RNA-Seq data and their association with cancer
BMC Systems Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on experimental and theoretical aspects of the function of biological systems at the molecular, cellular or organismal level, in particular those addressing the engineering of biological systems, network modeling, quantitative analyses and the integration of different levels of information.
BMC Systems Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 07 October 2015
- Diet and Mental Health: Does food affect your mood?
- 05 October 2015
- Behind the Image: Storks at the garbage dump
- 01 October 2015
- September 2015: Highlights of the BMC Series
Volume 9 Suppl 5 (1 September 2015)
Selected articles from the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2014): Systems Biology
Belfast, UK. 2-5 November 2014
Volume 9 Suppl 4 (11 June 2015)
Selected articles from the International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM) 2014: Systems Biology
San Antonio, TX, USA. 4-6 December 2014
Volume 9 Suppl 3 (1 June 2015)
Rome, Italy. 26-28 February 2014