- Alberto Diaspro, Italian Institute of Technology
- Gerhard Gompper, Forschungszentrum Jülich
- Volkhard Helms, Saarland University
- Jonathon Howard, Max Plank Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
- Werner Kremer, Universität Regensburg
- Jorg Langowski, Division Biophysics of Macromolecules
- Sanford Leuba, University Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Dimitrios Morikis, University of California
- Terrence Oas, Duke University
- Garegin Papoian, University of Maryland
- Emad Tajkhorshid, Beckman Institute
- Dave Thirumalai, University of Maryland
- Rebecca Wade, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
- Matti Weckstrom, University of Oulu
- Wei Yang, Florida State University
- Huan-Xiang Zhou, Florida State University
- Catherine Potenski, BioMed Central
Mathematical analysis based on cell surface properties mechanics models the range of 2D and 3D possibilities for single cell behavior and organization into tissue.
A rigid spin label that covalently attaches to the backbone of nucleic acid provides a nucleotide-free way of labeling DNA/RNA and investigating their folding and dynamics.
A new metric based on distance between molecules seeks to solve the sample drift correction required by super-resolution microscopy, using the position information of molecules to estimate frame drift.
BMC Biophysics is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed research articles in experimental and theoretical aspects of biological processes from the microscopic to macroscopic level, including thermodynamics, structural stability and dynamics, molecular biophysics, signalling, novel biophysical methods and computational biophysics.
BMC Biophysics is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Kireeva et al. BMC Biophysics 2012, 5:11
View more movies on the BMC-series YouTube channel
BMC series blog
- 29 June 2015
- Stunting: a rarely discussed public health problem
- 26 June 2015
- Metropolitan Metagenomics
- 19 June 2015
- Get up, stand up – the risks of sedentary behavior
Biological Diffusion and Brownian Dynamics
Published: 2 March 2011