Figure 2.

Results of the multiple logistic regression analyses relating to a woman’s likelihood of choosing the pill, patch, or ring to the perception statements about these methods. The models fit the data well (c-statistic was 0.795, 0.802, and 0.820 for the models for the pill, patch, and ring, respectively, which was considered acceptable to excellent discrimination). The likelihood of selecting the pill, patch, or ring is higher if the odds ratio (OR) is > 1 or lower if the OR is < 1 for women who ‘strongly agree/agree’ (or ‘strongly disagree/disagree’) compared with women who indicated they had ‘no opinion’ or ‘do not know’ about the perception statement in relation to the method. Two-sided 95% confidence intervals (CIs) are based on asymptotic normality of the OR estimates. The likelihood of selecting a method is higher (by a statistically significant margin at 5% level) if the lower limit of the CI is > 1. Conversely, the likelihood of selecting a method is lower (by a statistically significant margin at 5%) if the upper limit of the CI is < 1. If the CI contains 1, women who ‘strongly agree/agree’ (or ‘strongly disagree/disagree’) compared with those who had ‘no opinion’ or ‘do not know’ do not differ by a statistically significant margin with respect to the probability of choosing the method.

Egarter et al. BMC Women's Health 2013 13:9   doi:10.1186/1472-6874-13-9
Download authors' original image