|Frequency distribution of respiratory symptoms, asthma and lung function among study population in taluka Gambat district Khairpur, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Prevalence of respiratory symptoms (Total sample N 200)||n||(%)|
|Shortness of breath 9||21||10.5|
|Self-reported asthma 10||19||9.5|
|Physician diagnosed asthma 11||11||5.5|
|Frequency of Lung function patterns (Total sample N 188)|
7. Chronic cough defined as cough on most days of month, for 3 consecutive months or more in a year.
8. Chronic phlegm defined as presence of phlegm for 3 consecutive months in 2 consecutive years.
9. Participants were asked: do you have to walk slower than people of your age on the level because of breathlessness?
10. Participants were asked if they ever had asthma.
11. Physician diagnosed asthma defined as asthma confirmed by a doctor.
12. Defined as having FEV1 <80% and FEV1/FVC <70%.
13. Defined as having FEV1 <80% and FEV1/FVC >70%.
Abbasi et al.
Abbasi et al. BMC Pulmonary Medicine 2012 12:81 doi:10.1186/1471-2466-12-81