Figure 5.

DCM results for inter-hemispheric effective connectivity. Family D (SII-level information flow, exceedance probability of 58.30%) was the most preferred model family, compared with family C (exceedance probability of 31.17%) and family E (exceedance probability of 10.53%) (top left). The best single model (model 2) with an exceedance probability of 7.77% among 96 models in family D was selected (bottom). The best single model contained two modulations in the connections from cSI to cSII (the serial pathway shown in intra-hemispheric effective connectivity) and from cSII to iSII. Numbers along the intrinsic connections indicate the mean parameters of intrinsic connectivity and numbers in parentheses indicate the mean parameters of modulations from cSI to cSII and from cSII to iSII across participants and sessions of the best single model (top right). The increase in the activity of cSII corresponds to 32% of the activity of cSI (0.32 in the parentheses from cSI to cSII) and the increase in the activity of iSII corresponds to 16% of the activity of cSII (0.16 in the parentheses from cSII to iSII) by pressure stimulation.

Chung et al. BMC Neuroscience 2014 15:43   doi:10.1186/1471-2202-15-43
Download authors' original image