Looking for the latest research papers across the physical sciences and engineering field? All our journals are open access - articles are free to read, share and cite!
Physical sciences and engineering journals with the BMC Series
The BMC Series is now a home for your research in the physical sciences and engineering fields. Find featured content, highlighted articles and journal information below.
Call for Papers
BMC Energy is welcoming submissions to its thematic series entitled "Green Energy and Smart Systems", edited by Carl Beierkuhnlein (University of Bayreuth, Germany). This special issue will serve as an innovative and interesting platform for identifying solutions, modeling and integration of smart energy generation and storage system.Find out more
Read the research
- A simple strategy based on fibers coated with surfactant-functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes to improve the properties of solid-phase microextraction of phenols in aqueous solution
- Finding an efficient tetramethylated hydroxydiethylene of resveratrol analogue for potential anticancer agent
- Natural based piperine derivates as potent monoamine oxidase inhibitors: an in silico ADMET analysis and molecular docking studies
- A bioanalytical UHPLC based method used for the quantification of Thymoquinone-loaded-PLGA-nanoparticles in the treatment of epilepsy
- Optimization of the extraction and purification of Corydalis yanhusuo W.T. Wang based on the Q-market uniform design method
- Evaluation of anti-infective potencies of formulated aloin A ointment and aloin A isolated from Aloe barbadensis Miller
- Bioconversion of ferulic acid attained from pineapple peels and pineapple crown leaves into vanillic acid and vanillin by Aspergillus niger I-1472
- Planning of Food-Energy-Water-Waste (FEW2) nexus for sustainable development
- Superstructure-based process synthesis and economic assessment under uncertainty for solid drug product manufacturing
- Optimization of biogas supply networks considering multiple objectives and auction trading prices of electricity
- Process intensification technologies for CO2 capture and conversion – a review
- Economic feasibility of gasoline production from lignocellulosic wastes in Hong Kong
- Recent advances in high-throughput mass spectrometry that accelerates enzyme engineering for biofuel research
- Electrochemical study of TiO2 in aqueous AlCl3 electrolyte via vacuum impregnation for superior high-rate electrode performance
- Optimization of energy storage and system flexibility in the context of the energy transition: Germany's power grid as a case study
- A review of the application of fuel cells in microgrids: opportunities and challenges
- Power converters for battery energy storage systems connected to medium voltage systems: a comprehensive review
- Electron-transport properties of degenerate ZnSnN2 doped with oxygen
- Supercapacitors with alternating current line-filtering performance
- Current status of solid-state single crystal growth
- Emerging functional materials based on chemically designed molecular recognition
- Noble metal-free two dimensional carbon-based electrocatalysts for water splitting
BMC Energy is a home for all aspects of theory, development and applications of energy and fuel research from across the physical sciences. This includes engineering, physics, chemistry and the environmental sciences.Find out more
BMC Materials is an open access, peer reviewed journal covering all areas of material science. It considers fundamental and applied research in the synthesis, characterisation and application of materials.Find out more
Not quite ready?
Are you researching in engineering and the physical sciences but not yet ready to publish a full research article? BMC Research Notes provides a space for this work to be peer-reviewed and shared with the wider research community.
Need a home for your data? Whether you research in engineering, chemistry, earth sciences, or any of the other physical sciences, you can publish a data note. This makes your data easier to find, cite and share.Data notes