BMC Chemistry is calling for submissions to a Collection exploring the frontiers of nanoscale electrochemical research. Nanoelectrochemistry is crucial to achieving greater efficiency, sustainability, and functionality across numerous applications by harnessing the unique properties of nanoscale materials and interfaces. This Collection seeks to bring together the latest research, methodologies, and breakthroughs in this dynamic field, from energy storage and conversion to sensors, catalysis, and beyond.
We welcome submissions that contribute to our understanding of nanoelectrochemistry, including research related to:
- Nanostructured electrode materials: Approaches for designing and fabricating nanostructured electrode materials with tailored properties for electrochemical applications.
- Electrocatalysis at the nanoscale: Exploration of nanocatalysts and their roles in enhancing electrochemical reactions, including fuel cell catalysts, water-splitting catalysts, and more.
- Electrochemical sensors and biosensors: Development of nanoscale sensors for sensitive and selective detection of analytes, with applications in healthcare, environmental monitoring, and beyond.
- Nanoscale energy storage: Advancements in nanomaterials for high-performance batteries, supercapacitors, and other energy storage devices.
- Nanoelectrochemical characterization techniques: Experimental and computational techniques for studying electrochemical processes at the nanoscale.
- Emerging nanoelectrochemical applications: Exploring new frontiers and applications in diverse fields, including nanoelectronics and environmental science.
- Environmental and sustainability aspects: Investigations into the environmental impact and sustainability of nanoelectrochemical technologies.
- Interdisciplinary approaches: Collaborative research involving chemistry, physics, materials science, and engineering to address challenges in nanoelectrochemistry.
This Collection supports the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy. This goal aims to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all, while also promoting sustainable practices and increasing energy efficiency.
Image credit: Станислав Чуб (Stanislav Chub) / stock.adobe.com