BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders is calling for submissions to our Collection on Musculoskeletal rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
Musculoskeletal conditions are one of the leading causes of disabilities worldwide and a major contributor for rehabilitation needs. Musculoskeletal rehabilitation and physiotherapy combine therapeutic interventions with exercise programs that play an important role in restoring and improving functional ability and mobility of the musculoskeletal system, improving or preventing muscle weakness and joint stiffness, alleviating pain, reducing the need for surgery, and enabling patients to regain their independence to manage their condition and carry out daily activities.
This Collection aims to promote the latest developments and advancements in musculoskeletal rehabilitation and physiotherapy programs to manage musculoskeletal disorders with a focus on evidence-based therapies and outcomes as well as improved patient and healthcare communications.
This Collection welcomes submissions on topics including, but not limited to:
- Advancements in physiotherapy interventions for musculoskeletal conditions – exercise programs, stretches, joint mobilization, manual therapies, ultrasound and electrical stimulation for pain management, muscle healing and improving joint function and mobility.
- Post-operative musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Telerehabilitation and virtual reality interventions
- Progress monitoring and adjustments to treatment plans
- Education and awareness about musculoskeletal health, pain management, self-management strategies (such as ergonomic practices or lifestyle modifications), communication with healthcare professionals
Image credit: Peakstock / Stock.adobe.com