In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many people have adjusted their physical activity and exercise routines, and found new ways to maintain their fitness levels while staying at home.
With this in mind, BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation is pleased to announce a new special collection on "Maintaining Fitness at Home."
We invite original research on topics that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The effectiveness of home-based exercise programs for improving fitness
- The impact of sedentary behavior on physical health during prolonged periods at home
- The use of technology and new clinical applications to support home-based exercise programs
- Psychological factors that influence adherence to home-based exercise programs
- The role of nutrition in maintaining fitness at home
- Rehabilitation and recovery strategies for athletes and non-athletes recovering from injuries or illnesses while at home
- The effectiveness of remote coaching or supervision for home-based exercise programs
- Monitoring tools to evaluate the effectiveness of home-based exercise programs
- The impact of physical activity on mental health during prolonged periods at home
- Strategies for maintaining fitness at home during the COVID-19 pandemic
We welcome submissions from researchers and practitioners in the fields of sports science, medicine, rehabilitation, psychology, nutrition, and related disciplines.
We believe that this special collection will provide valuable insights into the challenges and opportunities of maintaining fitness at home and will help to inform future research and practice in this important area.
Image credit: terovesalainen / stock.adobe.com