In celebration of Pride Month and in support of UN Sustainable Development Goal 3 (SDG3) "To ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages" and SDG5 "Achieve gender equality", BMC Public Health has launched a collection on LGBTQ+ Health.
The LGBTQ+ population experiences inequalities with regards to health care and health outcomes while also facing discrimination in their daily lives. From access to health to primary and specialized care, this population faces barriers that need to be overcome world-wide. We welcome submissions exploring:
• Health disparities in the LGBTQ+ population
• Disease epidemiology in the LGBTQ+ population
• Development of inclusive public health programs to tackle LGBTQ+ health inequalities
• LGBTQ+ individuals’ perceptions and experiences as health care users
• Professional training and education on LGBTQ+ health
• LGBTQ+ mental health
Articles will undergo the journal’s standard peer-review process overseen by our Guest Editors, Dr Monica Malta (University of Toronto) and Dr Wangnan Cao (Brown University).
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for BMC Public Health.
Data sets and descriptions relevant to the collection will be considered in BMC Research Notes as Data Notes. You can find out more about this article type here. This type of content will be published in BMC Research Notes and included in the final collection.
Submission deadline: 31st March 2022