In the landscape of organizational psychology, the interplay between employee happiness and job satisfaction stands as a crucial area of inquiry. Understanding the intricate factors that contribute to a fulfilling work experience has far-reaching implications for individual well-being, organizational success, and societal progress. BMC Psychology invites scholars, researchers, and practitioners to contribute their insights to our upcoming Collection, Employee happiness and job satisfaction.
This Collection explores the psychological underpinnings that shape employees' subjective experiences within the workplace. We welcome contributions that delve into the various factors influencing job satisfaction, ranging from individual traits and organizational culture to the impact of technological advancements. Submissions exploring the reciprocal relationship between employee happiness and organizational performance are particularly encouraged.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Psychological antecedents of job satisfaction: the role of individual differences, personality traits, and psychological well-being in shaping employees' perceptions of job satisfaction.
- Organizational climate and culture: how organizational structures, leadership styles, and cultural factors contribute to or detract from employee happiness and job satisfaction.
- Technological influences: the impact of technological advancements on work-related stress, burnout, and overall job satisfaction in the modern workplace.
- Interventions and strategies: evidence-based interventions, strategies, and best practices aimed at enhancing employee happiness and job satisfaction.
- Global perspectives: cross-cultural variations in the experience of job satisfaction, considering how cultural contexts shape individuals' perceptions of work and well-being.
We invite researchers to submit their original research articles for consideration in this Collection. Manuscripts should contribute novel insights, advance theoretical understanding, or provide practical implications for fostering employee happiness and job satisfaction.
Image credit: Jovanmandic / Getty Images / istock