The Science and Sociology of Footwear
Edited by Dr Anita Williams.
Journal of Foot and Ankle Research presents thematic series: The Science and Sociology of Footwear
Footwear plays an essential function in protecting the foot from mechanical trauma, but has a much broader impact on daily life due to the influence of fashion, occupational requirements, performance enhancement and its role in the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal neurological disorders. This special JFAR collection will showcase the significant impact footwear has in both health and disease and will cover a wide range of methodological approaches, from biomechanics through to sociology.
Individual articles address the following:
- Effects of footwear on human movement
- Optimising the design and fit of footwear
- Role of footwear in prevention of injury
- Occupational footwear
- Footwear in the treatment of lower extremity disorders
- Psychology and sociology of footwear
- Footwear considerations in forensics