As part of the launch of the journal section “Imaging and image analysis”, BMC Bioinformatics is excited to announce that we are now accepting manuscripts for the thematic series Computational analysis of Biological images.
The purpose of this thematic series is to present latest advances in computational techniques for analyzing and understanding biological images, with their applications to biology and/or medicine.
We welcome manuscripts describing novel or updated computational techniques for analyzing and understanding biological image data, including, but not limited to
• Machine/deep learning based analysis techniques
• Image segmentation techniques
• Image object tracking techniques
• Image registration techniques
• Image classification techniques
• Techniques for analyzing images from new modalities such as light-sheet microscopy, super-resolution microscopy, CryoEM
• Techniques for analyzing and/or mining large scale image data (big image data)
• Techniques for modeling and representing image objects and/or events
• Techniques for performance characterization and comparison of algorithms
We also welcome manuscripts describing novel applications of computational analysis of biological images. Such applications include, but are not limited to
• Computational and systems biology
• Synthetic biology
• Disease diagnosis
• Drug discovery
• High throughput/high content studies
• Translational applications such as disease marker discovery
Please submit directly to BMC Bioinformatics stating in your cover letter that it is for the Computational analysis of Biological Images collection. Alternatively you can email your pre-submission inquiries to the Editor of BMC Bioinformatics at email@example.com
All manuscripts submitted for inclusion in the series by June 10th 2019 will be considered.