BMC Nephrology is calling for submissions to our Collection on Advances in renal transplantation. This Collection aims to address the challenges in renal transplantation and showcase research that advances the field.
For this Collection, BMC Nephrology is looking for contributions that discuss the latest insights, innovations, and technological advancements in the field of renal transplantation, with a focus on optimizing graft outcomes, minimizing complications, and enhancing patient quality of life.
Renal transplantation is a medical milestone, greatly improving the quality of life for individuals with end-stage renal disease. This Collection will encompass a broad range of critical topics in renal transplantation research, such as novel approaches to immunosuppression, donor selection and management, advancements in surgical techniques, investigations into long-term graft outcomes, exploration of immunological monitoring techniques, and examinations of ethical and socioeconomic aspects in transplantation.
BMC Nephrology encourages submissions from researchers, clinicians, and experts working at the intersection of nephrology, immunology, surgery, and transplant sciences. Contributions can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Renal transplantation strategies and outcomes
- Chronic CNI (Calcineurin Inhibitors) toxicity and management
- Novel approaches to prevent transplant rejection
- CNI-free immunosuppressive therapies
- Graft loss prevention and graft function optimization
- Advancements in organ preconditioning techniques
- Strategies to expand the donor organ pool
- Innovative ex-vivo strategies for organ preservation
- Personalization of immunosuppressive regimens
- Novel therapies and therapeutics in renal transplantation
- Management of HLA-antibodies in transplantation
In alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal SDG 3, which seeks to ensure health and well-being for all, and SDG 10, which calls for reducing inequalities within and among countries, this collection emphasizes the importance of improving access to quality renal transplantation and reducing disparities in transplant outcomes.
Image credit: Алексей Доненко / Stock.adobe.com