BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders announces a Collection on Advances in minimally invasive orthopedic surgery. This Collection brings together cutting-edge research and clinical insights from the field of orthopedics, shedding light on the latest developments in minimally invasive techniques in orthopedic surgery.
Minimally invasive orthopedic surgery has emerged as a transformative approach, offering many advantages over traditional surgical methods. These advancements not only benefit surgical practice but significantly improve patient outcomes and quality of life. By minimizing tissue disruption, reducing postoperative pain, and shortening recovery times, minimally invasive techniques are changing the landscape of orthopedic care.
We welcome submissions that cover a broad range of topics related to minimally invasive orthopedic surgery, including but not limited to:
- Technological advancements: the latest technologies and tools that enhance minimally invasive procedures, such as robotic-assisted surgery and navigation systems
- Clinical outcomes: clinical studies and outcomes data comparing minimally invasive techniques with traditional approaches, highlighting patient benefits and reduced recovery times
- Surgical techniques: innovative approaches, tips, and tricks for performing minimally invasive orthopedic surgeries across various subspecialties
- Complications and solutions: complications that may arise during minimally invasive procedures and provide insights into their management and prevention
- Patient selection: criteria for patient selection and the decision-making process for choosing minimally invasive surgery over traditional methods
- Economic and healthcare impact: economic implications and healthcare system benefits associated with minimally invasive orthopedic surgery
- Education and training: educational strategies, training programs, and competency assessments for ensuring the successful integration of minimally invasive techniques into orthopedic practice
Image credit: edwardolive / stock.adobe.com