The Editors-in-Chief of J Nanobiotechnology and the Guest Editors, Leonardo F. Fraceto (UNESP, Brazil) and Viviana Scognamiglio (CNR, Italy) present a special collection entitled Towards nanotechnology in agrifood sciences.
Nanotechnology in the agrifood sector delivers forefront tools able to foster more sustainable actions in a system that currently fall through human health and the environment, by means of continuous intensification. New knowledge and technologies are, thus, strictly demanded in the whole agrifood system. To this aim, nano-based approaches promise effective solutions to cope with the multiple challenges related to a global agriculture, as highlighted by the growing research on the application of nanotechnology in the agricultural sector. In particular, many sections of the agrifood system can take advantage of nanotechnology, from the exploitation of nanosensors and nanodelivery systems in agriculture to the use of nanomaterials for the fabrication of nanoproducts for the food processing, packaging and transportation, and forensics.
- Nanotechnology in agriculture
- Nanopesticides and nanofertilizers aiming a sustainable agriculture
- Use of nanosensors in the agrifood system
- Nanotechnology in food processing
- Nanotechnology in food packaging and transportation
- Nanotechnology in food forensics
- IoNT in agriculture and food production
This collection is now closed to new submissions.