BMC Primary Care is calling for submissions to our Collection on Mental health in primary care.
This Collection aims to explore the multifaceted aspects of mental health within primary care settings and provide insights into effective strategies for improving mental health outcomes.
Mental health is a critical component of well-being, and its impact on individuals, families, and communities cannot be underestimated. Primary care plays a crucial role in addressing mental health issues, serving as the first point of contact for many individuals seeking healthcare services. This Collection aims to explore the various aspects of mental health care provision within primary care, including screening and early detection, treatment and management, health promotion and prevention, and collaboration and interdisciplinary care strategies.
This Collection welcomes research that contributes to our understanding of mental health care provision in a primary care setting, including research related to:
- The integration of mental health services into primary care, including health policy and system-level approaches
- Early detection and screening
- Evidence-based treatment and management strategies
- Health promotion and prevention strategies
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary care models for mental health care
- The role of digital health and technology in supporting mental health care
- Addressing disparities and improving access to mental health services in primary care
- Understanding patient, family, caregiver, and healthcare provider experiences and perspectives of mental health services in primary care
- Training and education for primary care providers for managing mental health
This Collection aligns with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being (SDG3) and SDG10: Reducing Inequalities. By focusing on mental health within primary care, we aim to contribute to the promotion of universal health coverage, equitable access to quality healthcare services, and the reduction of mental health disparities.
Image credit: sewcream / stock.adobe.com