BMC Neurology is now welcoming submissions to a forthcoming Collection focused on the challenging field of cancer pain. Through this Collection we hope to highlight new and innovative research on the intricate interplay between oncology and neurology, shedding light on the mechanisms, assessment, management, perception, and impact of pain in cancer patients.
The study of cancer pain encompasses a wide spectrum of etiologies including direct tumor infiltration, neuropathic manifestations, and treatment-related side effects. The impact of cancer pain extends well beyond physical discomfort, significantly influencing the overall quality of life and psychosocial well-being of affected individuals.
Our Collection seeks to address these crucial concerns by bringing together cutting-edge research and insightful perspectives from renowned experts in the field. We invite contributions that encompass a broad range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Molecular, cellular, and neurophysiological mechanisms that contribute to the development and maintenance of cancer-related pain
- Multimodal management strategies for cancer pain, with an emphasis on individualized treatment plans tailored to patients' specific needs
- Psychological and social impact of cancer pain
- Strategies and tools for the accurate and comprehensive assessment of cancer pain, considering both objective and subjective measures
- Neuropathic pain in oncology
- Palliative care and interdisciplinary collaboration
Image credit: Graphicroyalty / stock.adobe.com (Symbolbild mit Fotomodell)