BMC Veterinary Research is calling for submissions to our Collection on Animal welfare and ethics.
BMC Veterinary Research is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for a special collection focused on Animal welfare and ethics. We invite submissions of original research articles, study protocols, narrative reviews and opinion articles that investigate animal welfare and ethical issues in veterinary medicine and related fields.
Animal welfare and ethics are important areas of research that have significant implications for the health and wellbeing of animals, as well as for the ethical and moral considerations of their treatment. We welcome research articles that explore various topics related to animal welfare and ethics, including but not limited to:
- The ethics of animal use in research and teaching
- Assessment and improvement of animal welfare in different settings
- Strategies for minimizing animal suffering and distress during veterinary procedures
- The impact of animal welfare policies and regulations on veterinary practice and research
- The role of veterinary professionals in promoting animal welfare and ethical standards
- Ethical considerations in the use of animals in food production and agriculture
- The development of alternative methods to animal testing
We hope this collection will stimulate further discussion and research on animal welfare and contribute to the development of more ethical and sustainable practices in animal use and care.
Image credit: Pixabay/Pexels