Day 1: A Focus on Antimicrobial Resistance
"On the Front Line"
Hear from those fighting against antimicrobial resistance on the front line.
- Antimicrobial resistance: still widely misunderstood
- MRSA: adapted to survive and thrive
- Inter-clonal wars: bacterial competition and global success in the hospital setting
- What would we do without antibiotics?
- State of the World’s antibiotics
- Dispatches: Pan-drug-resistant doom – are we there yet?
- Reflections from the front line: why doctors don’t listen to the ‘impending doom’ of antibiotic resistance
Read our Top Antimicobial Resistance Articles
Read our collection of reviews, editorials and research articles, covering antibiotic alternatives, antimalarial resistance, antimicrobial overuse and more.
- Ready for a world without antibiotics? The Pensières Antibiotic Resistance Call to Action
- New antibiotics for bad bugs: where are we?
- Modeling methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in hospitals: Transmission dynamics, antibiotic usage and its history
- A review of 40 years of enteric antimicrobial resistance research in Eastern Africa: what can be done better?
- Hitting bacteria at the heart of the central dogma: sequence-specific inhibition
- A CRISPR design for next-generation antimicrobials
- Rapid determination of anti-tuberculosis drug resistance from whole-genome sequences
- The counterfeit anti-malarial is a crime against humanity: a systematic review of the scientific evidence
- Mind the gaps - the epidemiology of poor-quality anti-malarials in the malarious world - analysis of the WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network database
- The challenge of artemisinin resistance can only be met by eliminating Plasmodium falciparum malaria across the Greater Mekong subregion
- China, what antibiotics and what volumes are used in food production animals?
- Antimicrobial use in Chinese swine and broiler poultry production
- Challenges to the management of curable sexually transmitted infections
More from SpringerOpen:
- Optimization of time to initial vancomycin target trough improves clinical outcomes
- Antibacterial activities of Fagara macrophylla, Canarium schweinfurthii, Myrianthus arboreus, Dischistocalyx grandifolius and Tragia benthamii against multi-drug resistant Gram-negative bacteria
- Antimicrobial activity of new green-functionalized oxazoline-based oligomers against clinical isolates
- An engineered micropattern to reduce bacterial colonization, platelet adhesion and fibrin sheath formation for improved biocompatibility of central venous catheters
- Inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and its role in cardiovascular disease and lung cancer
- Common phyto-remedies used against cardiovascular diseases and their potential to induce adverse events in cardiovascular patients
- Mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative bacilli
For more Antimicrobial Resistance articles visit the website and access over 7,000 open access articles!