Supplement inquiry details
If you would like to submit an inquiry about publishing a supplement to any of BioMed Central’s journals, please contact us with the following information.
- A proposal or brief description of the supplement, including the proposed type of articles/abstracts
- If the collection is not from a conference, how did the project originate?
- If the project is linked to a conference, please provide:
- - The conference name, place and dates
- - A link to the conference website, if available
- - Twitter handle and hashtag for the conference, if available
- - Facebook page, if available.
- - Names of keynote speakers, if available
- - Number of delegates expected
About your submission
- The name of the journal in which you would like to publish the collection (see our list of journals)
- The estimated number of articles/conference abstracts to be submitted to BioMed Central
- The approximate length per article/conference abstract
- Estimated date of submission of content to BioMed Central
- Expected publication date
- Are printed copies/USB sticks or CDs required, and how many of each?
- Provisional article titles/content and authors (if available)
- Article type (research, reviews, reports, conference abstracts, etc)
- A brief description of the review process to be undertaken prior to submission, including names of those involved with the pre-submission review and assessment process. For conference abstract supplements, please provide the names of the abstract selection committee
- How will the supplement be funded? (e.g. Is there sponsorship? Will the conference cover the publication costs? Will the costs be divided among the authors?, etc)
- If the funding is from an organization, is it a for-profit or a not-for-profit organization? Please provide as much relevant detail as possible.
- If a related collection or previous conference has been published, it would be useful to see any previous publications.
Please see our supplements policies
Find out more about our production processes
If you are unable to find the information you need on these pages, please email us.