BioMed Central, Chemistry Central and SpringerOpen offer an institutional Membership Program to help you support your researchers who publish in our journals. We offer a number of flexible Membership options for universities, academic departments, labs, hospitals and societies.
Benefits of Membership:
- Time-saving and convenient – we can help you manage your institution’s APC payments, track research output, and make cost management easier for your researchers
- Your funding goes further – you can save money from both your institutional budget and research grant funding
- Increased exposure for your organization - members receive a research showcase page
With a Membership, your researchers can choose to apply the discount to any of the journals in the BioMed Central and SpringerOpen portfolios (including SpringerOpen books). There are nearly 500 journals across all areas of science, technology, medicine, engineering, chemistry, and mathematics.
We offer four different types of Membership:
- Prepay Membership - you can opt to completely cover the cost of publishing for authors at your institution (discounts apply)
- Supporter Membership - an institution pays an annual Membership fee based on the number of researchers and graduate students at their institution. A 15% discount on the article-processing charge (APC) is given when publishing in the journals
- Shared Support Membership - the cost of publishing is split between your institution and its authors (discounts apply)
- Foundation Membership - this is a free service from BioMed Central for institutions from developing countries
Please contact us to learn more about our Membership options.
If you are a researcher who would like your institution, company or society to become a Member, simply fill out our recommendation form to suggest this.
Note: BioMed Central, Chemistry Central and SpringerOpen journals publish supplements by special arrangement. Standard article-processing charges and Membership payments or discounts do not apply for supplements. Authors from Member organizations should note that their institution will not be expected to cover publication fees for supplement articles. For further information please contact us.