BioMed Central and SpringerOpen have a Membership Program to help institutions support researchers who publish in our journals.
What are the benefits for members?
- Time-saving and convenient – we can help you manage your institution’s APC payments, track research output, and make cost management easier for your researchers
- Your funding goes further – you can save money from both your institutional budget and research grant funding
- Increased exposure for your organization - members receive a research showcase page
The membership options
We offer four membership options for universities, academic departments, labs, hospitals and societies:
- Prepay Membership - covers the total cost of publishing for authors at your institution (includes discount scheme - see below)
- Shared Support Membership - the cost of publishing is split between your institution and your author/s (includes discount scheme - see below)
- Supporter Membership - the institution pays an annual Membership fee based on the number of researchers and graduate students at their institution. A 15% discount on the article-processing charge (APC) is given when publishing in our journals
- Foundation Membership - this is a free service from BioMed Central for institutions from developing countries.
For Prepay and Shared Support Membership, researchers can choose to apply the discount to any journal in the BioMed Central and SpringerOpen portfolios (including SpringerOpen books).
How to join
To become a member or to find out more, please contact us.
If you are a researcher who would like your institution, company or society to become a Member, simply fill out our recommendation form.
Note: BioMed Central and SpringerOpen journals publish supplements by special arrangement. Standard article-processing charges and Membership payments or discounts do not apply for supplements. Authors from Member organizations should note that their institution will not be expected to cover publication fees for supplement articles.