1. What part of BioMed Central journals content is free, and what part do I have to pay a subscription fee for?
BioMed Central is committed to providing free access to original research papers. For this reason, all the research papers published in any BioMed Central journal are free for anyone to view, download, and further disseminate in full text or PDF format. Access to the value-added content (such as review articles, commentary articles, web reports, image databases and evaluation services) is not free, and this is the content for which we make a subscription charge.
- What part of BioMed Central journals content is free, and what part do I have to pay a subscription fee for?
- How long will the research papers from the journals be digitally archived, and where?
- How are BioMed Central's institutional site license prices calculated?
- I am interested in obtaining a number of BioMed Central products for my institution - can I get a package deal?
- Will we be entitled to reproduce and distribute licensed electronic content?
- Will we receive a print copy of the journal?
- How is access to BioMed Central's online products controlled?
- Can I get institutional usage statistics for my institution?
- Can I find BioMed Central at library meetings and conferences?
- Do you offer online consortia deals?
- Do you charge tax on BioMed Central subscription products?