2. How long will the research papers from the journals be digitally archived, and where?
All research articles published by BioMed Central are archived in full and without delay at PubMed Central, and are also included in PubMed. BioMed Central deposits its entire collection of published research articles also in other open digital repositories including INIST in France, and the Royal Library in The Netherlands. From these, and any other open repositories in which these articles are archived, they are available electronically at no cost and without access restrictions. BioMed Central supports non-exclusive digital archiving of research articles by as many international archives as possible, to ensure the security and permanent accessibility of that research.
BioMed Central satisfies the wish of many research funding organizations, among which are the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the US (see its policy), the Wellcome Trust, and The National Health Service (NHS) in the UK.
- What part of BioMed Central journals content is free, and what part do I have to pay a subscription fee for?
- How long will the research papers from the journals be digitally archived, and where?
- How are BioMed Central's institutional site license prices calculated?
- I am interested in obtaining a number of BioMed Central products for my institution - can I get a package deal?
- Will we be entitled to reproduce and distribute licensed electronic content?
- Will we receive a print copy of the journal?
- How is access to BioMed Central's online products controlled?
- Can I get institutional usage statistics for my institution?
- Can I find BioMed Central at library meetings and conferences?
- Do you offer online consortia deals?
- Do you charge tax on BioMed Central subscription products?