Search information pages
4. Does BioMed Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
BMC Plant Biology offers various discounts on APCs, which are outlined below. The discounts are exclusive of each other and cannot be accumulated.
|Discount reference||Discount amount||Notes||Qualifying journals|
|Supporter Member discount||15% on full APC||Submitting author must be from Supporter Member institution.||All journals published by BioMed Central|
|Published protocol discount||20% off full APC||Applicable to authors of published protocols when submitting the results of their study for publication in a qualifying journal||All BMC series medical journals that consider study protocols, Systematic Reviews and Trials|
|Case report discount||20% off full APC||Applies to case reports relating to patients who are enrolled in studies described in published protocols or results articles in the BMC series medical journals and Trials.||Journal of Medical Case Reports|
Please note that if the submitting author's organization is a BioMed Central Member, the cost of the article-processing charge is covered by the Membership. Please check if your institution is a BioMed Central Member.
- Why do BioMed Central journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is BMC Plant Biology charging?
- Does BioMed Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?