- John Carr, University of Cambridge
- Z. Jeffrey Chen, University of Texas at Austin
- Elizabeth Jean Finnegan, CSIRO
- Csaba Koncz, Max-Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Sheila McCormick, University of California, Berkeley
- Kay Schneitz, Technische Universität München
- Simon Harold , BioMed Central
A combination of direct stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy (dSTORM) and total internal reflection fluorescence (TIRF) microscopy allows the first super-resolution images of cellulose bundles in the plant cell wall.
A newly identified Ca2+/Mg2+-dependent endonuclease named CaMNUC32 is induced by the topoisomerase I inhibitor camptothecin in maize cultured cells, is inhibited by Zn2+ and EDTA, and cleaves both single- and double-stranded DNA.
Combined linkage and association mapping to identify positional candidate genes for Scmv1, a major locus involved in resistance to sugarcane mosaic virus (SCMV) in maize, pinpoints Zmtrx-h as the most promising target for marker-assisted selection.
BMC Plant Biology 2014, 14:92
BMC Plant Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of plant biology, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Plant Biology and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at email@example.com, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
Paul et al. BMC Plant Biology 2012, 12:232
View more movies on the BMC-series YouTube channel
BMC series blog
- 10 April 2014
- Metagenomics: tools, comparisons and many applications
- 09 April 2014
- BMC Nursing – looking forwards, looking back
- 08 April 2014
- Ancient DNA reveals the lion’s past and (perhaps) future