- John Carr, University of Cambridge
- Z. Jeffrey Chen, University of Texas at Austin
- Elizabeth Jean Finnegan, CSIRO
- Csaba Koncz, Max-Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Jim Leebens-Mack, University of Georgia
- Sheila McCormick, University of California, Berkeley
- Kay Schneitz, Technische Universität München
- Astrid Wingler, University College London
- Catherine Potenski, BioMed Central
Fertilization with nitrogen induces genome-wide changes affecting biomass accumulation and cell wall content in Eucalyptus that may be useful in the production of paper and biofuels.
Susceptibility to the post-harvest disorder friction discoloration is determined by multiple genetic factors and is associated with various biochemical compounds in pear, pointing to a potential role for genomic selection in breeding superior cultivars.
Alleles associated with hermaphroditism in Vitis vinifera are most related to male alleles, giving clues about the genetic events that led to the domestication of grapes.
Arabidopsis plants subjected to severe drought conditions at the time of flowering display twice as many differentially expressed genes than those suffering moderate drought stress, indicating that different pathways are activated in response to the severity of conditions.
BMC Plant Biology 2014, 14:271
BMC Plant Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of plant biology, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
BMC Plant Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Paul et al. BMC Plant Biology 2012, 12:232
View more movies on the BMC-series YouTube channel
BMC series blog
- 15 October 2014
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation on the road