- Penny A Asbell, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Alastair Denniston, University of Birmingham
- Irene Gottlob, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester University
- Hemant Khanna, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Luca M Rossetti, Clinica Oculistica, Università di Milano
- Javier Zarranz-Ventura, Hospital Clinic Barcelona
- Anna Clark, BioMedCentral
Ruptured retinal arterial macroaneurysms can be clearly visualised using Doppler optical coherence tomography angiography, suggesting that it could be a non-invasive complementary procedure for existing imaging techniques
Improved visual outcomes one year following small-incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) refractive surgery do not differ between high-myopia and moderate-myopia, suggesting that SMILE is effective and safe for correcting high myopia, as well as moderate myopia.
BMC Ophthalmology 2015, 15:127
News from the web
BMC Ophthalmology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of eye disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
BMC Ophthalmology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Endorsing quality peer review
BMC Ophthalmology is dedicated to high quality peer review and endorses a free of charge, online peer review course entitled Translating Critical Appraisal of a Manuscript into Meaningful Peer Review, which is run by the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group. The course aims to serve as a resource for health professionals, particularly ophthalmologists, optometrists, and other vision practitioners, who are serving or wish to serve as peer reviewers of the biomedical literature. To enrol on the course or for more information please see their website.
BMC series blog
- 05 October 2015
- Behind the Image: Storks at the garbage dump
- 01 October 2015
- September 2015: Highlights of the BMC Series
- 24 September 2015
- Clinical Skills Training in ENT: highlights of BACO 2015