- Adrian Cameron, Deakin University
- Philip McTernan, University of Warwick
- Alexander Miras, Imperial College London
- Anna Peeters, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
- Tommy Visscher, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Zwolle
- Clare Partridge, BioMed Central
BMC Obesity is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of human obesity across the lifecourse. These include the prevention, causes, treatment, management, and implications of obesity, incorporating lifestyle, epidemiology, policy and community/environmental interventions, related approaches for weight loss and the prevention of weight gain, management of the condition including the use of drugs and surgery, and basic science relating to the causes and effects of obesity. Research from developing country contexts is encouraged.
BMC Obesity is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 07 October 2015
- Diet and Mental Health: Does food affect your mood?
- 05 October 2015
- Behind the Image: Storks at the garbage dump
- 01 October 2015
- September 2015: Highlights of the BMC Series