Search information pages
2. Why submit to BMC Medicine?
Submit your research to BMC Medicine to take advantage of:
Rapid peer review
Our insistence on fast and thorough peer review enables us to process manuscripts quickly; we aim to reach initial decisions within four weeks.
All articles published in BMC Medicine are open access (freely available on the journal website, with the copyright retained by the author). Research articles are deposited in at least one widely and internationally-recognized open access repository complying with the NIH Public Access Policy and the Wellcome Trust Open Access Policy. To cover the cost of open access publishing we levy an article-processing charge.
High visibility within the field
Your work is freely accessible to a global audience. In addition, articles are available through INIST in France and in e-Depot, the National Library of the Netherlands' digital archive of all electronic publications. We are also in discussion with other permanent digital archives including the British Library.
- What is BMC Medicine?
- Why submit to BMC Medicine?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of BMC Medicine?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in BMC Medicine?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive BMC Medicine's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?