Search information pages
4. If my article is published, how will it be cited?
Articles in BMC Family Practice should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal. However, because articles in this journal are not printed, they do not have page numbers. Instead, they have a unique article number.
The following citation:
BMC Fam Pract 2005, 6:306
refers to article 306 from Volume 6 of the journal.
As an online journal, BMC Family Practice does not have issue numbers. Each volume corresponds to a calendar year.
- What is BMC Family Practice?
- Why submit to BMC Family Practice?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of BMC Family Practice?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in BMC Family Practice?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive BMC Family Practice's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?