- Hilarie Cranmer, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Karen Smith, Ambulance Victoria
- Fabio Silvio Taccone, Erasme Hospital
- Giulia Mangiameli, BioMed Central
News from the web
BMC Emergency Medicine is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all urgent and emergency aspects of medicine, in both practice and basic research. Emergency medicine is considered to be any medical intervention taking place during triage and pre-hospital assessment, prior to the transfer to a specialist department within the hospital. In addition, the journal covers aspects of disaster medicine and medicine in special locations, such as conflict areas and military medicine, together with articles concerning healthcare services in the emergency departments.
BMC Emergency Medicine is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC Emergency Medicine 2015, 15:24
BMC series blog
- 07 October 2015
- Diet and Mental Health: Does food affect your mood?
- 05 October 2015
- Behind the Image: Storks at the garbage dump
- 01 October 2015
- September 2015: Highlights of the BMC Series