- Enrique Amaya, University of Manchester
- Jean-François Brunet, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Brigitte Galliot, University of Geneva
- Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis, Sloan-Kettering Institute
- Didier Stainier, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
- X. Cindy Tian, University of Connecticut
- Rolf Zeller, University of Basel Medical School
- Philippa Harris, BioMed Central
Transition from the initial wide branching urinary collecting duct tree to narrower later branching is dependent on the proximity of other branch tips with bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) acting as a repelling molecule in this process.
Global protein expression during regeneration of the Xenopus froglet hindlimb has key differences, when compared to axolotl, that lead to signaling deficiency, failure to retard mitosis, premature chondrocyte differentiation, and failure of dorsoventral axial asymmetry.
Chloride Intracellular Channel 4 (CLIC4) is expressed in a number of neural tissues and appears to participate in midgestational brain differentiation aswell as adult brain neurogenesis and may implicate dysfunctional CLIC4 regulation in brain pathology.
BMC Developmental Biology 2014, 14:34
News from the web
BMC Developmental Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the development, growth, differentiation and regeneration of multicellular organisms, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
BMC Developmental Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 18 September 2014
- Behind the image: King penguin-an endangered species??
- 16 September 2014
- BMC Geriatrics at the 10th International Congress of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS).
- 11 September 2014
- Patterning of the urinary collecting duct tree