- Enrique Amaya, University of Manchester
- Jean-François Brunet, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Hiroshi Hamada, Osaka University
- Vincent Laudet, École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Didier Stainier, University of California, San Francisco
- X. Cindy Tian, University of Connecticut
- Rolf Zeller, University of Basel Medical School
- Philippa Harris, BioMed Central
Human amniotic fluid stem cells (hAFCs), injected into the ovaries of sterile mice, have the ability to restore ovarian morphology, indicating the potential of these cells for reproductive regenerative medicine.
Jordi Garcia-Fernandez and colleagues review our current knowledge of Hox gene cluster evolution in deuterostomes, and discuss ways to increase our understanding of the evolutionary processes of these transcription factors in future.
An improved method, using CO2-independent culture medium and agarose embedding, for live imaging of mouse retinal explants allows tracking of interkinetic nuclear migration within individual retinal cells, and analysis of changes in retinal progenitor cell morphology.
BMC Developmental Biology 2013, 13:36
News from the web
- 06 December 2013
- Scientists discover novel hormone essential for heart development
- 05 December 2013
- New genetic research finds shark, human proteins stunningly similar
- 05 December 2013
- Coffee or beer? The choice could affect your genome
BMC Developmental Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the development, growth, differentiation and regeneration of multicellular organisms, including molecular, cellular, tissue, organ and whole organism research.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
BMC series blog
- 03 December 2013
- Highlights of the BMC-series: November 2013
- 20 November 2013
- APHA: For science. For action. For health.
- 18 November 2013
- BMC Geriatrics at the 2013 BGS Autumn Scientific Meeting