- Anna Akhmanova, Erasmus Medical Center
- Matthias Falk, Lehigh University
- Margarete Goppelt-Struebe, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Xuejun Jiang, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Andrew Koff, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Mark Lemmon, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Andrew Peden, University of Sheffield
- Howard J Worman, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University
- Tim Sands, BioMed Central
Polycystin-1 (PC-1), which is usually mutated in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease, modulates microtubule and cell adhesion dynamics, which may suggest that this could be part of the mechanism behind previously identified movements of renal tubules during kidney development.
Human mesenchymal stem cell-derived adipocytes transfer RNAs into hMSC-derived osteoblasts using extracellular vesicles containing adipogenic genes and anti-osteoblastic micro-RNAs, but additional studies are needed to clarify if this mechanism has a role in the adipocytic switch.
Long-term embryonic stem cell cultures grown in the absence of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor converts multilayered colonies into epistem cell-like monolayers, but in the long term they regain embryonic stem cell-like expression profile of central stem cell markers.
BMC Cell Biology 2015, 16:19
News from the web
BMC Cell Biology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the biology of cells, including organelles and cellular compartments, trafficking and turnover, signaling, motility, adhesion, cell division, differentiation and programmed cell death.
BMC Cell Biology is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 30 July 2015
- Behind the Image: Beautiful Sunbird