- John S Garavelli, University of Delaware
- Adam Godzik, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute and UCSD
- Igor Jurisica, Ontario Cancer Institute
- Adam Olshen, University of California, San Francisco
- Hanchuan Peng, Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Graziano Pesole, University of Bari
- Mihai Pop, University of Maryland
- Irene Pala, BioMed Central
Taxonomic Analysis by Elimination and Correction outperforms other tools in estimating taxonomic composition at a very low rank, especially when closely related species/strains exist in a metagenomic sample.
MoTeX-II is a word-based high-performance computing tool for single and structured MoTif eXtraction from large-scale datasets where runtime does not depend on the length of motifs, the size of the alphabet, or the error thresholds
A comprehensive analysis pipeline and workflow provides detailed research data reports for RNA-Seq; the software is available as multi-threaded version for cluster use or single thread for a virtual machine
COPS introduces an optimized vectorization of the Viterbi decoding algorithm built to work with the HMMER tool suite to improve speed of biological sequence analysis, with long and short models being processed up to two times faster.
BMC Bioinformatics 2014, 15(Suppl 11):S11
News from the web
- 24 October 2014
- Downloads and Upgrades: Maverix Biomics, NextCode Exchange, European Variation Archive, and more
- 24 October 2014
- Seven Bridges Gets NCI Cloud Pilot Contract, Tailoring its Own AWS-based System for Cancer Research
BMC Bioinformatics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the development, testing and novel application of computational and statistical methods for the modeling and analysis of all kinds of biological data, as well as other areas of computational biology.
BMC Bioinformatics is part of the BMC series which publishes subject-specific journals focused on the needs of individual research communities across all areas of biology and medicine. We offer an efficient, fair and friendly peer review service, and are committed to publishing all sound science, provided that there is some advance in knowledge presented by the work.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
BMC series blog
- 15 October 2014
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation on the road
Volume 15 Suppl 11 (21 October 2014)
Stillwater, OK, USA. 6-8 March 2014
Volume 15 Suppl 10 (29 September 2014)
Cadiz, KY, USA. 11-13 April 2014
Volume 15 Suppl 9 (10 September 2014)
Proceedings of the Fourth Annual RECOMB Satellite Workshop on Massively Parallel Sequencing (RECOMB-Seq 2014)
Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 31 March - 1 April 2014